KMont

Lurv a la Mode 2

Romance (and scifi and fantasy) reading enthusiast, general lover of puppies and kitty kats, dark chocolate snatcher, writing playgirl, coffee luvah, chai latte chuggah, kidlet toting mama of one plus marriage credentials.

Three Parts Dead
Progress: 51 %
Into the Dark Lands
Michelle Sagara West
Progress: 13 %
The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch
Soulless - Gail Carriger Review snippet:

This turned out to be one of those books ripe for the phrase, “I dunno what the heck took me so long to read this book!” You know the kind. We keep meaning to buy/borrow/read them, but for some reason we just don’t. Not until we’ve been told by at least half or more of our reading peers that it is excellent. And then we wait several more weeks, maybe months even. Finally we buy it and the book sits in the TBR pile for several more months. By then, it was meant to be.

And I really, truly, loved this book. I’d like to think that extra-long seasoning time of waiting to read it had something to do with it.

OK, so that had nothing to do with it. Soulless is funny and refreshing and full of characters that reinforce this.

(for the rest, visit my blog: http://www.lurvalamode.com/2010/12/07/review-soulless/)